10/23/2008

THOSE WHO MATTER MOST

ISMENE:
Please don't tell a soul what you are doing.
Keep it hidden. I'll do the same.

ANTIGONE:
For god's sake, speak out. You'll be more enemy to me
If you are silent. Proclaim it to the world!

ISMENE:
Your heart's so hot to do this chilling thing!

ANTIGONE:

But it pleases those who matter most.

ISMENE:
Yes, if you had the power. But you love the impossible.

ANTIGONE:
So? When my strength is gone, I'll stop.

ISMENE:

But it's the highest wrong to chase after what's impossible.

ANTIGONE:
When you say this, you set yourself against me. So you'll just let me and my 'bad judgment' go to hell. Nothing could happen to me that's half as bad as dying a coward's death!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When my strength is gone, I'll stop.
Her strength and purpose burn so clearly--the impossible is the only voice she'll listen to; it alone speaks to her heart to do what is RIGHT. Life is struggle; we must to distinguish between the highest wrong and those who matter most.

No comments: