1/02/2009

The Ballad of Joy and Pain

peacock screams & starstruck dreams
(such pretty words and pretty birds)
drown in color, be my brother
(come take a chance and join the dance)
spin spin spin and break away
run the dawn 'til break of day

(oh we'll break it and we'll mend it come with me I know you'll spend it)

kiss the raindrop as it falls, laugh at Fortune when she calls
firewalk on Saturn's rings, we've the wonder breathing brings
brother, catch me but don't fetch me
from this blissful fountain font
Death can't change it or arrange it,
for our love was set in stone
gild the lily, go to France
or hide from me in pale Romance.
try to tear it, i can bear it

(i'm safe from lies, anchored wise,
in the harbor of your eyes)

you said to live like a living ghost and give to the uttermost

i'm trying.

No comments: