1/28/2009

Quite so.

"Today my young sisters dressed up and made me draw pictures of them (they all were in artistic moods) but none of them liked the noses I gave them. A sensitive issue, noses; one never quite knows how to properly point out the simple fact that all humans have them, some long some not, some flatter than wider, some cute and some noble.
After a weary bit of defending my representations of that small organ, I concluded that when faced with whether to admire someone's nose or not, always stick with eyebrows. Just say, "You have very exotic( or intriguing, or beautiful-arching, mysterious, ect.) eyebrows" and whoever it was that was fishing for gracious speech will almost always be extremely pleased, because that is not something one hears in one's general converstation."

No comments: