1/18/2012

Creativity vs. TV

Last night (while hunting for something in one of my atrociously disorganized closets), I found some Sculpey and decided  to eschew television and instead try my hand at creating. Here's what I came up with: 



Before I baked the Sculpey, I pressed a-not-so-favorite stud earring into the back of the rose - 
vindicating my penchant for holding on to mis-matched earrings & broken jewelry parts.



Note: i modeled these off a pair of white rose earrings from Hannah - sisters for the win! 



I made another pink rose & spray painted it gold (i didn't make the pearls).


Gotta love gold spray paint! 



Well, I had used up all the pink, so I switched to green and brown and made....a plant!
It's the one in the silver container. No watering necessary! 


A rather random creation. The butterfly is from the handle of a broken butter-knife.



Maybe I'll paint the green part gold?



After I made this tree (and before I baked it), I poked
a hole in the top with a needle - vola! Christmas ornament!



(or rather, a fridge ornament)


A little toadstool.




Now these are certainly one-of-a-kind earrings!


And, since i had a little bit of green left, I made a Sculpeysaurus named Noshi.



Way more fun than watching tv....and now I have a dinosaur!

6 comments:

taly2010 said...

Cate, you are amazing. =)

Katy Folk said...

This is so awesome! I still have a few drawings that you made for me a million years ago. I have always loved anything you've created; it just makes me smile :)

Amanda Read said...

Oh wow, I remember making things with Sculpy at your house about 13 years ago! I made a brooch and bead necklace that I enjoyed so much.

You are so talented!

~ Amanda

Amanda Read said...

*Sculpey, haha.

Abby said...

I'm putting in my request for a guilt free plant for my birthday! xoxo. -a

Anonymous said...

I loved your rose earrings! they look pretty cute, also the one painted with gold, that was a productive TV watch...

xoxo Julieta
www.vjuliet.com